Hollis F2 spare straps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

afdgf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What do people take with them on trips in their save-a-dive kit in the way of spare straps if they are using the Hollis F2 fins? They do not look like any aftermarket straps would fit on them.

Any spring unless large diameter will fit. I used third party springs on mine when I dove them as the stock springs when they came out, 29cm, were too long even on smallest setting. Although springs can break it's quite rare. Personally I wouldn't worry about carrying spares. IIRF the replacement straps, complete set, are around $36, I could be wrong though. Contact DRIS if you want to confirm. FWIW I think the Hollis pull tabs are some of the best on the market. I also use Apollo pull tabs as they are relatively cheap and can be purchased seperately but the tab does snap on occasion.

---------- Post added September 20th, 2015 at 12:21 AM ----------

I replaced the stock nuts and bolts with hex head stainless steel bolts and stainless steel nyloc nuts. They don't rust, look nicer IMO and are much easier to undo if the need should arise.

Any spring unless large diameter will fit. I used third party springs on mine when I dove them as the stock springs when they came out, 29cm, were too long even on smallest setting. Although springs can break it's quite rare. Personally I wouldn't worry about carrying spares. IIRF the replacement straps, complete set, are around $36, I could be wrong though. Contact DRIS if you want to confirm. FWIW I think the Hollis pull tabs are some of the best on the market. I also use Apollo pull tabs as they are relatively cheap and can be purchased seperately but the tab does snap on occasion.

---------- Post added September 20th, 2015 at 12:21 AM ----------

I replaced the stock nuts and bolts with hex head stainless steel bolts and stainless steel nyloc nuts. They don't rust, look nicer IMO and are much easier to undo if the need should arise.

Do you remember what size nuts and bolts you got? Thanks.

I don't but I'll check and get back to you. If you take one of them off your fin and take it with you into hardware shop you should be fine, that's what I did but I'll check and let you know.

---------- Post added September 22nd, 2015 at 07:20 AM ----------

3mm X 25mm.

Back
Top Bottom