Hollis L.T.S

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MT_Dweller

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm in the market for a new lightweight travel BCD, and I like the look and the feel of the Hollis LTS I checked out at the local DS. From visual inspection I like the heavy duty material, and the lightweigh/compact size. Anyone ever used one or know anyone that has? I've looked all around the internet and have seen no reviews. Thanks!

I have played with it in the pool. We let a few customers demo one last week. It looked so nice I decided to try it after work. I have to say it is quite nice. I only got 10 minutes in it but from what I could see tell it was comfortable and rugged. That is pretty hard to achieve these days. The pockets are small but still more then enough if you count the rear pockets as well. The one thing I liked about it the most was the soft pack. With Travel these days its almost impossible to get all of your gear in a small enough bag and still stay below the maximum weight limit. With the Hollis LTS you get the sturdiness of a harness but the comfort of a BCD while still being foldable and light weight to stuff in the bag without taking up too much space or weight. We have sold quite a few of them over the last few months. We don't usually get too much feed back but I can tell you I have heard nothing negative about it. I would be happy to tell you more about it if you'd like. Just let me know. I am happy to assist.

Does the LTS replace the Ride?
I've noticed that the Ride has been listed as out of stock for months now on the Hollis website.

Thanks for the info...what did you think about the velcro dump pockets? They look like they could be the first thing to wear out. The only other question I had was regarding the Inflator hose, it looked short...was this a concern in use? Think they made it short for weight consideration or to keep it lower profile?

I hadn't noticed the inflator being shorter. I just went and pulled one off my shelf and it is actually the exact same size as the other Hollis BCD's the epaulet is just mounted lower than normal. Which when you pull on it, just all others it will the epaulet slides up and allows access to the length of the corrugated hose. The weight pockets are Velcro and yes Velcro does wear but that is normally after continuous opening and closing. However this system has a zipper closure at the top of the pocket which allows you to remove the weights through the top and avoid ever having to use the Velcro unless it is a true emergency.

eelnoraa,

Sorry for the delay in my response. I have been out of town for the Annual DEMA show. The wing on the LTS is slightly wider than your average wing but it is suspended close to the shoulders keeping the wing from wrapping around the tank. The rear could do it slightly but not bad.

I just purchased one of these for a Christmas present for my girlfriend. When I got it home to wrap it I noticed that it does not have a D ring centered in the back on the waist strap of the harness ( no attachment for a crotch strap). I have been diving back plate systems for many years and have found that with out the crotch strap they tend to ride up on my waist. Is this something that I need to be concerned with, did you have any issues when you dove it?

I didn't have any problems with it. With that being said I don't typically dive with a crotch strap so I wasn't missing it. But the CBD dove just fine without. No riding up and sat I place the way I wanted it to. So all in all I would say doesn't really need it. I am sure they ditched it to save on weight overall.

Has anyone else actually dove with this BCD? I just ordered one and was wondering how stable the tank is. Does it roll at all?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom