• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

hollis led 3 flooded

Discussion in 'Repairing your own Gear' started by dinogep, Jun 16, 2012.

1. dinogep

dinogep Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Hi all,

I've just managed to flood my hollis led3. Is there any way to repair it? I have got no idea about how to take it apart futher than removing the battery holder.

regards,

dino

2. Hollis Gear Nick

Hollis Gear Nick Dive Equipment Manufacturer

Hi Dino, call us directly at 888-383-DIVE. We would be happy to inspect it and repair as needed.

3. HenrikBP

HenrikBP Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Very nice form Nick :thumb:. You clearly care about your customers after the sale. Nice.

4. j2s

j2s Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives:
    Been debating whether to get your new 15w, led, 'short' canned light [not a fan of canister lights based on experience w/hid's]...Your response [customer service] made my decision........

5. Hollis Gear Nick

Thanks Guys :D

J2, feel free to call us directly if you have questions about the LED15 before your purchase. 510-729-5110.

6. eelnoraa

eelnoraa DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Yeah, call Hollis. Superb customer service. I think I spoke to Mark a few time, super nice guy and very knowledgeable. I once had my LED5 flooded, got replaced without question asked.

Hollis Gear Nick likes this.
  7. dinogep

dinogep Solo Diver

Thanks for the kind offer. However the USA is far from here (=Hungary), sending parcels from here is either expensive or cumbersome and slow. Or both :)
    Anyway, I was not patient enough and yesterday managed to screw the head off with the help of a lathe chuck and a heat gun. The inside looked terrible because of the electrolysis products, but after cleaning and drying it works :)
    My question is: when I reassemble the torch, which thread locker should I use? Is Loctite blue OK?

regards,

d

8. Hollis Gear Nick

Dino, we have a distributor in Augsburg, Germany in case you have future trouble. I will paste their contact information below.

Yes, blue loctite is OK for this application.

HOLLIS EUROPE
    Am Mittleren Moos 36
    D-86167 Augsburg
    Ph: +49 (0) 821-810342-0
    Fax: +49 (0) 821-810342-29
    E-mail: germany@hollisgear.com

9. vixtor

vixtor Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Hi,

What is your follow-up story about floodings? Did your replacement solved the problem, were you able to use the light without other floodings?

10. dinogep

dinogep Solo Diver

Hi,

I've reassembled the light with new o-rings and have not experienced any problem since (on ~20 cave and night dives). Now I'm thinking about converting it to UV, because the LED part can be very easily replaced.

d