Hollis Pathseeker Reel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TigerDiver8

Contributor
Reaction score
Ventura County, California, United States
# of dives
500 - 999
I took this reel out the other day and once the line got wet, it swelled to the point I cannot run out the line. Has anyone else had problems with this. I love hollis gear and am head to toe all Hollis, but I am little upset with this reel.

Has anyone figured out the trick to this?

I am not a Hollis fan and from what I have seen their reels are sloppy compared to Halcyon or Light Monkey. It sounds like it might have to much line on it. I would strip some off and see if that helps.

Like a lot of reels pull the line of and re-spool the reel usually fixes the issues you are describing.

You can try pulling some line off and re-spooling the rest, but at the end of the day, it's just another Hollis "not-quite" product.

There is too much line on the reel and it is wound too tight. The Hollis reel is decent, I picked up one from DGE cheap and it is OK. I prefer my Light Monkey but for $75 the Hollis does the trick.

Back
Top Bottom