Hollis SMS Katana -- a newbie sidemounter's review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@bax737 I t is good to hear another happy Katana users. It appears you didn't have any issues with the factory bungees and the steel fabers?

the pictures in post #3 are with PST's with 0 adjustment to the stock bungees and they are more negative than Fabers. My Faber 121's performed identically though unfortunately don't have any pictures of them yet

I also replaced the bungees on my Katana with longer, slightly less stiff ones.

One thing I'm wondering if anyone else had an issue with ... one of the rear rings on the buttplate came unscrewed, and I lost some hardware. I was able to jury-rig it to get through my Red Sea trip, but had to order a new ring and screws when I came home. Maybe a little Loktite would prevent that problem ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

@NWGratefulDiver I bet the Loktie would work just fine.

Bwaha. Now even Hollis praised that review.
Facebook

Sounds a lot like PADI setting up a picture of 5 divers with twinsets saying "Sidemount is the way to go" or some trash like that, for those that remember that picture..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom