Hollis stainless steel backplates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Chuta/Kotelesclaci

Thanks for the question, the two small holes located between the lower waist slots is for an accessory which is not yet available. to ensure you have the latest model, look for these two holes.

Best Regards,

@Chuta/Kotelesclaci

Thanks for the question, the two small holes located between the lower waist slots is for an accessory which is not yet available. to ensure you have the latest model, look for these two holes.

Best Regards,

New accessory...you've piqued my interest. Can you say what it is?

Might want to update the Hollis website. I was at LeisurePro today and bought the Aluminum backplate. I almost didn't because I thought it was an older model.

Also, am I correct in assuming that the Hollis QLR weight system works with this newer back plate? I was told at LeisurePro that it attaches to the attachment point hole closest to the waist belt webbing slots.

TP

Is the part number the same for the old and new plates? I've order both an Ali and S/S plate today from a dealer in the UK. And now Im wondering which version I'll be getting

Any ideas?

Ok so now I have new SS and AL Hollis plate with the two holes when is the "accesory" coming out? By the way I noticed when threading the webbing on the AL plate that it will not centre on any of the top 3 plate holes, not a problem just wondering why as every other plate I have owned have centred fine. Haven't threaded the SS yet but check it out tomorrow. Hollis over here in Oz didn't even know about the 2nd version I had to explain it to them, that's bit of a concern, maybe you need to talk to your Australian distributor. It's probably a good idea to update your website also. Cheers

Is the part number the same for the old and new plates? I've order both an Ali and S/S plate today from a dealer in the UK. And now Im wondering which version I'll be getting

Any ideas?

When I ordered my plate I specifically asked for the newer one with the 2 holes. It is my understanding that Hollis are just rolling out the new version so would assume if the store you ordered it from have a slow stock turnover you may well end up with the older version, I d ask to swap it if so.

By the way I noticed when threading the webbing on the AL plate that it will not centre on any of the top 3 plate holes, not a problem just wondering why as every other plate I have owned have centred fine.

I have the AL plate as well and have noticed the same thing. Agree it's not a problem but is a bit interesting

I have the AL plate as well and have noticed the same thing. Agree it's not a problem but is a bit interesting

Perhaps Nick will wade in and advise. Just threaded up my new Hollis SS plate and it's the same.

Back
Top Bottom