Hollis stainless steel backplates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick, a couple of questions re your plates. Ill apologize in advance if i am mistaken. As previously posted i have just bought both your new AL and SS plates. When threading the webbing I have to burn a new hole in the webbing as the centre hole does not line up with any of the holes on the top of the plate, why is that? Why does the plate have three holes in the top as the s25 wing cannot be adjusted up or down either with or without the STA as it then hits he lower dump/opv, that being the case I'm wondering why you didnt just have one top hole and have it line up wih centre grommet on harness webbing. Also the lower dump on the S25 wing hits the bottom of the plate, only just but it does none the less.The slots also need some re finement, the slots on my new plates are very sharp and required undoing and re threading of the webbing using webbing sleaves as after less than 40 dives the webbing was being cut into particularly the shoulders.Your website is still showing older plates.Thank you.

Thanks for the question, the two small holes located between the lower waist slots is for an accessory which is not yet available. to ensure you have the latest model, look for these two holes.

Any update? I'd love to know what they're for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom