Hollywood dive movies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Tjack, A contact in Australia has a request to find a movie called "Frogwoman" circ1958 found this movie card on E-bay maybe through your long listings a copy of the film may surface. FROGWOMAN POSTER.JPG  5.jpg

Frogwoman (1954) Italian, cool

Just watched "Tintin", no UW very disappointing overall.

On the other hand...

Blue Water, White Death (1971) is an excellent dive documentary IMHO. Amazing footage of divers with Oceanic White Tip Sharks as well as Great Whites. Be warned there is disturbing footage of whaling and a 'bang stick' used on a shark.

Blue Water, White Death (1971) ***

Documentary quest to film Great Whites in the wild off Australia, South Africa and the Mozambique channel. Amazing UW footage, great dive documentary. This film must have been a real life inspiration for Jaws.

Very long list can be made in this category...dive movies. But I liked most the classes Titanic. It has been released in 3D also recently. But The Day After Tomorrow and Poseidon are also recommendable movies under water.

Wet Gold, Might be able to find it. A group finds a WW2 ship carrying gold, and end up fighting to the death over who keeps the loot.

Just watched....
The Wreck of the Mary Deare (1959)**
A disgraced merchant marine officer elects to stay aboard his sinking cargo ship in order to prove the vessel was deliberately scuttled and, as a result, vindicate his good name, Gary Cooper. Great nautical story line with 15 minute double hose scuba scene at the end of the movie.
This is a great one for those interested in all things nautical, the climax of the film takes place on scuba inside a wreck, cool

Wet Gold (1984) Made for TV movie with Brook Sheilds has been added to the list. Wreck hunting off Key West.

Well I went through every reply & although it's possible I missed it I didn't see Lloyd Bridges 1968 masterpiece "The Daring Game" or my all time favorite date night movie "Zeus & Roxanne"...Also,IMHO, you've never seen "Sanctum" until you've seen it in 3D,which it was originally conceived & filmed in!
51YB8nKSqNL._SX450_.jpg
61SSW5QV4QL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

There are a lot of great movie titles listed in this thread. I have a few of the older ones, but it's a shame it's so hard to find many of them.

my favorites - > "Sanctum" and "Open Water" :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom