Housing #6146.07 For Canon Gx 7 And Nikonos Sb-105

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I already have ikelite housing #6146.07 for Canon Gx 7, I am interested on buying the nikonos SB 105.

The quistion is can I trigger the strobes using Fiber Optics cable?! And what the required cables and accessories ?!

Regards,

I would think you will need a strobe that is compatible with digital camera..non digital strobe may not sync properly with this camera and housing due to required pre flash. Ikelite has a inexpensive solution with their AF 35 strobe and tray

I already have ikelite housing #6146.07 for Canon Gx 7, I am interested on buying the nikonos SB 105.

The quistion is can I trigger the strobes using Fiber Optics cable?! And what the required cables and accessories ?!

Regards,
it is feasible, but maybe not practical?

The sb105 has a slave sensor, so it can be triggered optically. But it was created before digital cameras (TTL preflash) and optical cables. So you must use it manually, no TTL.

you will have to put the sb105 in slave mode and then manually select which power level it should fire at (full, 1/4 or 1/16). your gx7 will have to be set to disable the ttl preflash.

The next issue is connecting a fibre optic cable to the sb105. I believe this will be a DIY project on the strobe side. Simplest approach may be to get the wide angle diffuser and drill a hole in it. But this will reduce the light output.

Unless the sb105 is free (or you like to tinker) it would make more sense to buy a more modern "digital ready" strobe.

Back
Top Bottom