How do I reset the sherwood wisdom?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

talon39

Registered
Reaction score
I have just purchased a Sherwood wisdom dive computer from the rental units at my local dive shop. I have not used it yet, but noticed it has several dives in it's log and statistics in the history. I would like to clear the log and statistics from the previous dives before I start using it. Does anyone know how to do this? According to the manual this can be done by reseting the unit, but it does not say how to do this.

I don't know if the battery is user replaceable but if it is removing it for a couple of hours should do the trick. On the other hand maybe asking them at the shop you bought it would also be an idea.

I have the wisdom. If you remove the battey four a couple minutes the memory gets whipped. If you don't wan't to loose your date, they recommend changing batteries in like 15-30 seconds max!! I hope that helps.

Chad

Chad_Ordelheide:
I have the wisdom. If you remove the battey four a couple minutes the memory gets whipped.
Including the dive history and logged dive data??? Usually in today's computers that is in non-volatile memory that stays through a power loss.

Talon39 -- the simplest way to remove the stuff from history is to just go dive, dive dive. Your new dives will eventually overwrite the old stuff.

Charlie99:
Including the dive history and logged dive data??? Usually in today's computers that is in non-volatile memory that stays through a power loss.
Yes but the computer manual says you can wipe this data by resetting the computer. However they do not tell how to reset the computer. I assume this is because they normally only provide this information to dive shops.

Chad_Ordelheide:
I have the wisdom. If you remove the battey four a couple minutes the memory gets whipped. If you don't wan't to loose your date, they recommend changing batteries in like 15-30 seconds max!! I hope that helps.

Chad
I just pulled the battery for 8 minutes and it only cleared the Date and time. The History and Log are still intact. :06:

talon39:
I just pulled the battery for 8 minutes and it only cleared the Date and time. The History and Log are still intact. :06:

Hmmm, I wonder why the manual says "If you don't want to loose the history replace the battery..." quickly. Who would care if it only reset the clock. I would try leaving the battery out for a day if you can!

Chad

Chad_Ordelheide:
Hmmm, I wonder why the manual says "If you don't want to loose the history replace the battery..." quickly. Who would care if it only reset the clock. I would try leaving the battery out for a day if you can!

Chad

The manual says
"If the old battery can be removed and the new one inserted within 8 seconds, nitrogen and oxygen calculations, and settings will be retained for repetitive dives".
To me this means that if you have already made a dive that day and don't want to lose the data for a repetitive dive, you must replace the battery in less than 8 seconds. It does not imply that you will lose your log. Does your manual say something different?

My manual also says
"The Log stores information from the latest 50 dives which can be accessed sequentially from the most recent to the oldest, and retains the information indefinitely, even if the Battery is removed. Log information is deleted when the unit is manually Reset (cleared)."
This leads me to believe that there is a way to clear the log.

Talon is correct. The Wisdom is designed to allow you to quickly change a battery in the middle of your dive day or trip without losing any of your O2 or N2 loading information. A nice alternative to having to stay out of the water for 24 hours after a battery change.

However the log information will not be lost until it is over written (how many dives that takes depends on the if you are using air or nitrox mode and whether the sampling rate is 15, 30 or 60 seconds.

The history information such as max depth acheived, total number of dives and total number of hours is permanent and leaving the battery out for a month would still not kill it off.

Ok one of the technicians at Sherwood has given me the answer. If you try this on your computer, proceed at your own risk. I suspect that if you do it wrong it could have undesired results.
This procedure will clear the Log info. Im not sure what else it clears. It does not clear the history.
From the PLAN screen hold down both buttons, you will be taken to the TIME screen continue holding both buttons until you are taken to a CLR screen. Once on the CLR screen use the side button to enter 1919. Use the front button to confirm the entry. The computer will do a quick diagnostic and shut off. When you reactivate it, it will no longer have a Log. I assume the Log menu will return once you complete your first dive.

Back
Top Bottom