How do YOU hold your snorkle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're supposed to dive with a snorkel? In all seriousness I asked during my AOW training dives if standards required I have a snorkel with me, or if I have to actually have it attached to my mask. I was told it had to be attached to my mask, to which I asked if I could attach it to my spare mask. I absolutely hate snorkels.

Like this?
P6130042%20Max%20med%20pappas%20snorkel.JPG

What in the world is that poor child playing with?

frank_delargy:
OK then here comes the obvious question..
How do YOU hold your hose? :D
:D Excuse me!

Pathfinder:
Kind of a personal question there, dontcha think?
...but of course, the only sensible way, I wrap the last 7' of it around my body and try to squeeze the spary nozzle into my mouth as my buddy blows into the other end standing on shore :rofl3:

....and in case something happens while I am underwater (like black out from lack of O2), he can use the built in recovery mechanism in the reel as pictured above

frank_delargy:
Like this?
P6130042%20Max%20med%20pappas%20snorkel.JPG

I think this may be a bad case of child abuse. Almost as bad as forcing them to watch Barney.

Mr.X:
There are protocols and rules of etiquette with the placement and use snorkels.

Please read the following which were just fabricated:

:rofl3:

If I'm diving in Laguna Beach where the law requires a snorkel in your possesion I duct tape it to the back of my tank. The rest of the time it's buried somewhere in my garage until I decide to go snorkelling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom