How many of you love diving with your spouse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pics Lizard. Just a question: what is the purpose of that bright pink piece of cloth around your waist? Thanks

Wife doesn't dive.

I actually prefer it that way.
#1 I would have to hold her hand and or stay really close, and I prefer to be in my own world shooting photos.
#2 if she dove we never would be able to afford diving in all the great places I get to dive in.
Every November I take a solo 3 week trip just to dive, then in January we usually take a month trip together where I can dive some, but not constantly. Last year she chose to stay home instead of go to Bali, so I figured what the hell screw romantic Bali I'm spending all my time in Lembeh and Komodo, both locations she wouldn't be happy on land with.
This year it looks the same, a solo trip to the Phillipines in November and then Indonesia in January.
I must tell you I love my wife tremendously, she is so tolerant of me taking off for 3 weeks, as she knows that #1 I love to dive and #2 if I don't get away from the farm I'll go crazy. She misses me like crazy when I'm gone, but let's me go no questions asked.
I'm the luckiest man in the world.

Nice pics Lizard. Just a question: what is the purpose of that bright pink piece of cloth around your waist? Thanks
Thanks - not me, her with the pink tutu.. She has worn a Tutu on pretty much every dive for the last 100,125 I guess. It's just for fun, she loves pink it doesn't interfere with anything on her rig and it makes her very easy to spot in a group of divers.

A to holding her hand, yeah sometimes. When we're doing a stop and bored. Other than that, she's a self-contained diving machine :D

Last edited:
A to holding her hand, yeah sometimes. When we're doing a stop and bored. Other than that, she's a self-contained diving machine :D

I understand. My wife holds my hand when sharks swim by so I don't get scared. Totally for my benefit (she also carries the BFK & the compass). :fear::)

Absolutely love diving with wifey....it's the only way to get some piece and quiet!!!! J/K....my wife has been my buddy for 30 years, once we called a dive in AU (my dream trip at that time) and she kept saying go back down, I said not without my buddy). We take 3 dive trip most every year, she never complains if I suggest new dive gear, I suck my tank dry and she has 1500 pounds left, she is my critter finder (even dive masters follow her) she is my love, I trust her with my life. Many frinds don't have this luxury, I am blessed. For our anniversary the tough decision is Wakatobi or Raja Ampat, I love my wife, I love my life and we both love diving. Can life be any better?... Bill and DeeDee

Sounds like your DeeDee and my Peggy are the same.:)..........................Raja Ampat is great, Wakatobi, never been there.:)

I had a laugh thinking about this thread; recently got back from a solo 5 day Truth Aquatics live-aboard trip to the Channel Islands of California, and my wife asked if all the other passengers were as 'eat up with diving' as I was.

Maybe I should've asked if the other women in the store are as 'eat up with shopping' as she sometimes is?

Richard.

I am a lucky man that my wife loves diving as much as myself.

I can think of no other person I would dive or buddy with then my wife. She was the one who suggested that we take up diving after snorkeling for so many years and she has always been at my side for all my dives. There is no one else that I would trust with my life.

She also takes care of all of our diving arrangements and travel plans which is an added bonus.

All the things we have seen and shared under water will always be with us for the rest of our lives together and I could not have picked a better partner to share that with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom