How many of you love diving with your spouse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm jealous. I've never convinced a girlfriend to learn to scuba--they see me lugging around doubles, and spending forever rinsing and drying gear after every dive and say, "that looks like way too much of a pain in the ass to be fun"

One day... one day....

My wife and I certified 7 years ago and it has become our passion. We have done a few dives without each other but have almost 400 together. She is the best buddy ever.

I am a lucky man that my wife loves diving as much as myself.

I can think of no other person I would dive or buddy with then my wife. She was the one who suggested that we take up diving after snorkeling for so many years and she has always been at my side for all my dives. There is no one else that I would trust with my life.

She also takes care of all of our diving arrangements and travel plans which is an added bonus.

All the things we have seen and shared under water will always be with us for the rest of our lives together and I could not have picked a better partner to share that with.

You are a lucky guy, as am I. I am really glad some of us are fortunate to have this in our lives. I feel that by remembering all the great things about diving with my spouse causes me to feel super lucky to have a wife with whom I can share my adventures with!!

Its nice to hear everyone's comments on how much they admire their spouse, it is very inspiring and thoughtful!

Frank G
www.zgearinc.com

I can only wish I could make a tank last like she can. Beats anything I've ever seen.

Same here. She consistently surfaces with 500 psi more in her tank than me. But there's no one I'd rather dive with.

Enjoy every bit of diving with your spouse, good, quirky, or bad, because you don't know how long it will last. Although my wife, son, and I trained together and did our check out dives in Grand Cayman in '98 (my son deciding it wasn't for him), my wife and I didn't really start diving, one trip a year, until 2005. When we retired in the middle of 2012, I knew this would be one of our lifetime activities together that we could do more of. In December that year, she had ear problems (blood had pooled in her ear and had to be drained) while in St. Croix, and has done nothing more than snorkel since; and she is happy with that.

My good fortune, is to have good friends (with a non diving wife) who travel with us, always giving me a dive buddy. This would be my tip: If you can no longer dive with your best friend, it's nice to have another good friend who dives.

My wife got certified before going on vacation to Australia because she wanted to see the great barrier reef. That was six years ago, now we try and dive every week here along the Oregon coast. we now have 450 ish dives together. headed to Bonaire in December for two weeks and should easily do our 500th in Bonaire. we love diving together and enjoy helping others get out and dive. I am sure glad I bought a compressor. One of my favorite sayings when we get a group together is "Ok, now kiss your dive buddy".

Well, uh, it depends.
N

Back
Top Bottom