How often do you talk about diving to non-divers? Forums excluded.

How often do you talk about diving to non-divers? Forums excluded.

• I talk about diving all day long.

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • I talk about diving once a day.

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • I talk about diving one to five times a week.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • I talk about diving one to ten times a month.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • I talk about diving ten to thirty times a year.

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I never talk about diving with non-divers

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most non divers I talk to, aren't that interested in diving, otherwise they would be divers. I get replies like, my brother used to dive, I have a friend that dives etc.

The only time I see interest is coming out of the water on a beach dive, then I get a lot of, what did you see, are there sharks out there, how deep did you go?

The real interest is when I come out with lobsters in the goodie bag, how much does it cost to learn to dive, do you have to be a good swimmer, how long does it take to learn?

I used to have non-diving friends ... but that was years ago. Nowadays, I have non-diving co-workers. They always ask me about my latest dive trip, or come into the office to see what pictures I've taken recently ... I keep a rolling desktop on my work computer of my underwater pictures. If I miss a day of work, they automatically assume I was out diving somewhere and ask me where I went. What's funny is that I work in a wastewater treatment plant ... and whenever there's a problem with a digester or clarifier, someone will always walk into my office and ask if I have my drysuit in the car ... :shocked:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

First of all, thank you all for your participation.
Second, if I am a water logged scuba head, then I’m in some pretty good company. : - )

The real interest is when I come out with lobsters in the goodie bag, how much does it cost to learn to dive, do you have to be a good swimmer, how long does it take to learn?
When I come from semi-local ocean dives I tend to get questions about finding lobsters.
What people who dont dive around here is not aware of is that taking lobster while on scuba is ILLEGAL even in the lobster season and even in the season theres strict rules with regards to both depth and construction of the pots. Lobsters can not be sutainably "free-for-all hunted" here unfortunately :(

When I come from semi-local ocean dives I tend to get questions about finding lobsters.
What people who dont dive around here is not aware of is that taking lobster while on scuba is ILLEGAL even in the lobster season and even in the season theres strict rules with regards to both depth and construction of the pots. Lobsters can not be sutainably "free-for-all hunted" here unfortunately :(

At least you can have pots (or even A pot). Taking lobsters in Maritime Canada with any method any time is illegal unless you are a licensed commercial lobster fisherman. They have had a sweet deal with the govt. for decades, make upwards to $100K for 2 months' work then collecting unemployment (as do their wives) for the other 10. A touchy topic here to say the least. Sorry to digress.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom