How to fix a Long Flash Flexible Arm for SL961 (item #SL9603)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

0ctoman

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone here knows how to assemble/dissassemble this flexible arm? I purchase one used and the last plastic on the arm was broken so now it can hold the weight of the SL961 flash. I look for a user guide everywhere and couldn't find one. I need to know how to assemble it so I can use the last plastic and join it to the flash. I'll post some pictures about the problem. I want to use this arm with a DC1400

See picture, doesn anyone knows how is the assembly of the loc-line to the head of the flash? I mean the connection in circled in red. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 2023-05-01_115753.jpg
    2023-05-01_115753.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 54
You just pull them apart and push them together. There might be tools for it on Amazon, but it isn't really necessary. Bend the arm until one pops apart, nothing to it.

I have the same problem. There is a stainless plate that secures the strobe to the flexible part connecting to the camera base. Can someone who has made this repair before explain the repair process? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_1024.jpeg
    IMG_1024.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 21
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom