How to get AOW card? Finished 24 dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simplythebest

Registered
Reaction score
When I finished my AOW course, I had less than 24 dives in total.

Now I have crossed that, and entered the dives on the app.

On the website, the total dives is correct, but I can't see the dives I entered on the phone on the website.

And I can't see an AOW card on either the phone or website.

Is there something i need to do?

Thanks!

I do believe the AOW must go through an SSI dive shop. It does not cost you anything, but must be processed through the shop. If it is your local shop, they should have your records of the specialties,... you will only need proof of your logged dives. If the shop is not your shop you went through, they can pull it up online easily, but to have your cards handy can make things go faster,.. Also have your logged dives ready to show.

Thanks. I will contact the diveshop where i did my AOW and ask if they can do it

if you have completed 4 ssi specialties and have your online log up to date (minimum of 24 dives) then the aow cert should be issued automatically

The current SSI app doesn't upload the dive details to tye website.

Just the number of dives.

I saw the FAQ which said the next version of the app will do that.

Maybe its because of that.

Contacted the dive centre where I did my AOW and they sorted it out for me.

Thanks for the help guys

if you have completed 4 ssi specialties and have your online log up to date (minimum of 24 dives) then the aow cert should be issued automatically

It's not automatic, it's free. With the proof of four specialties and 24 dives, the Dive Center / Resort goes into ODIN to issue the card.

In any case contact your local SSI DC to complete the proofe in ODiN system and after directly you qualified like AOWD

my SSI DM informed me that in order to update dives (because my card in no way reflects my amount of dives) log them online and bring the info to him and he will update it

O.K. u need 24 into the system (logged) and 4 specialties. Qualification will be automatic to AOWD (precondition is to have started from OWD inside the system)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom