How would you do it? Cascade System.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd prefer to just have 3 sub ballast bottles.

Funny story, we actually have 4 of them! They used to be our high pressure cascade.

However, they started leaking from the end caps, so we pulled them from service.

What are the hydro dates on all of those bottles? Can you actually see the stamps for all of the bottles? How are you going to get the one in the back out when it is due for hydro? Must you bleed the system every time one of the bottles needs to be pulled out? Oftentimes this isn't thought about until the bottle in the back has to be sent out for hydro.

I had them all hydro 12 months ago....so when one goes...they will all go. =)

---------- Post added April 17th, 2013 at 09:19 PM ----------

I appreciate all the input.......

I want to be able to get the most fills without running the compressor all the time.....

So would I be better off with more individual bottles than the three banks of three that I have now? …

Yep, but as mentioned, it is more work. You could do it now the hard way just by opening cascade cylinder valves sequentially, no plumbing changes needed.

It would probably a worthwhile exercise for you to run the numbers yourself if you have a spreadsheet or online calculator. See how long it will take to get your 9th cascade bottle down to 3000 PSI versus other combinations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom