Huish Outdoors acquires Liquivision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One more Canadian company to be absorbed by a U.S. conglomerate. At least Shearwater is hanging on... :)

Little by little, Canada will become the 51st state :)

Is Liquivision going to continue to be a separate entity from the rest of the group companies or are its products going to be sold under the Atomic company?

Probably separate. Zeagle and Atomic have competing products. If anything, it might make more sense for the dive computer support and R&D to be brought under Liquivision since they have the electronics and software expertise. At that point they could private label computers for both Atomic and Zeagle.

I have both computers and appreciate each product's strengths. Combining the best of both would be outstanding.

The problem with the Huish Outdoors group companies is that each individual company's product line is incomplete and they all need one thing or another from each other. This is a problem for a dealer who wants to have a single vendor to buy from without the pressure of having several buying programs from several different vendors. I believe that consolidation of companies is far better for the group and their dealers.

… I believe that consolidation of companies is far better for the group and their dealers.

Couldn’t the same thing be accomplished by consolidating buying programs? The same problem exists with AUP’s (American Underwater Products) Oceanic, Hollis, Aeris, and Lavacore brands. I don’t know if Aqualung has a consolidated buying program for Whites and Apeks.

At this point Huish Outdoors’ subsidiaries are, or appear to be, competing. I have no idea what their long-term objective is but it is hard to imagine that some coordination for efficiencies isn’t being considered. Should be interesting to watch.

Last edited:
With AL, you can buy from any of their companies as if they were one company and all are in one buying program. I don't know about Oceanic.

I hope that the Huish Outdoors group is just buying other companies to accumulate enough products to become a true full line company as with SP, Mares, etc. Keeping all of these acquisition in separate companies isn't practical or attractive from a dealer point of view at all if each one is a separate dealership withe different requirements, buying programs and dealer account numbers.

We are very excited about our most recent addition to the Huish Outdoors lineup! Liquivision has always stood out as an innovator in the dive computer industry we are excited to see what's in store for the future.

Why is Atomic Aquatics enthused about the parent company acquiring a competitor? What do they hope to gain?

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom