Hull bottom cleaning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i own my own hull cleaning business, just use a simple abrasive cleaning pad, if it not real bad just a little new alge, use a some old carpet and just wipe off the alge,if the hull is so bad you need a scaper, use a paddy scaper but not too hard to make damage. steel wool works on the metal part best. best way to clean is to do it regular once evety 28 days. for best results.

send question to swiftdiving@excite.com

My diver cleans my hull with a rag. It takes him about 10 minutes every week. I paint the bottom every 2 to 3 years. It is generally as clean as if it were dry sailed. Its worth $80 per month to have a perfectly clean bottom.

I hang the scotch brites over the side once a month, tell everyone to come up with 600 psi and spend 5 minutes scrubbin......lightly of course.....
Jimbo

Tom,
The best way to clean the hull is to carreen the boat.i did my 37 foot striker at peanut island on the way up from ft laudy.just find a sand bar that gets dry at low tide,theres a few around capt hirams in sebastian.

are you guys kidding? I own a dive service in jersey,you get in the water ,grab a scotch brite pad and have at it ! 30' ? 20 minutes 3.00 per ft done !!

Theres a thing out there that I was just looking into last nite ,its called "the great big brsh",its made in germany and is designed to be used from topside,when I get more,I'll let you know

Hi, I work at a marina and just got certified in scuba a few months ago and was wondering if anyone has any basic information about starting a hull clean buisness. Like how much do you charge per foot, do you work alone, how much work do you get, and such? If anyone could give me some tips that would be great, thanks.

Hi, I work at a marina and just got certified

[snip]

If anyone could give me some tips that would be great, thanks.

Read previous posts about improper electrical circuits and faulty GFCIs and power cords in the water before getting in the water in a marina.

That and think about all the boats that aren't following the "no toliet dumping" rules and are dumping sewage in the marina.

Back
Top Bottom