Hump Back Sunrise Dive 7/9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeJacobs once bubbled...
and of course those two little silvery bait-fishes that remained on Marvel's cute little butt for most of the dive.

Oh, Mikey, :rolleyes:

What WILL they think?

Seriously, awesome dive this AM! Jenn & Mike didn't see it because the visability was so poor but, when I dropped down, there was a stingray scooting along right in front of me. I knew it would be a good dive from that point on & I was right!

You guys that aren't making it to these dives just don't know what you are missing! Come on out & join us sometime!

it was awesome. The remora was there once before, I wish I had my camera, he (she?) really wanted to be attached to something. I was gonna hold still and see what happens, but it went straight for the inside of my thigh instead of my fins and well, I just didn't want a sucker bite looking reminder of the dive there!
Tons of juvenilles- queen angelfish, french angels, highhats, grunts, tangs...
Those were some big blue tangs eh? Wow. How about the grouper and soapfish(?). Lots of different critters.
I would love to do a night dive there.

On a different note. I went to drop my tank off at the shop and have it hydro'd. They said those are no longer being hydro'd because of the make. I think the initals on it were MK or something like that. Goodbye ole tank, you were good. However, the shop is selling me a used one and am able to use my valvestem on the "new one."

Just for easy numbers:
Renting:
100 dives @$7/per dive to rent a tank = $700

Owning:
100 dives owning my own tank:
$50 for the tank (used)
$45 for 3 years of VIP's
$50 for 2 Hydro's with the VIP (hey I got the tank used and it needed Hydro'd)
$300 for 100 tank fills
Total cost of owning a tank for 5 years $445

Then the biggest reason, I can have my tank filled and ready at a moments notice to catch a dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom