• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Hydro Testing Florida or Georgia

Discussion in 'General Scuba Equipment Discussions' started by nyerkes, Jul 31, 2009.

1. nyerkes

nyerkes Garibaldi

Does anyone know where I can find a hydro testing facility in central of northeast Florida or Southeast Georgia that doesn't have a sweetheart deal with the dive shops? Those I've checked with in Jacksonville charge exactly the same as the scuba shops who send them tanks for hydro (about $34 for hydro and VIP. Neck inspection extra).

In the early 1990s when I was last diving it wasn't that way. The fire Equipment and welding supply companies charged about half of what scuba shops charged. Now there is no difference. I have about 15 tanks both aluminum and steel that need hydro and VIPs. Travel beyond Jacksonville could be cost effective if I can find a company that doesn't collude with the dive shops on pricing. Any suggestions would be helpful.

2. DNScarboro

DNScarboro Angel Fish

Check with Cylinder & Valve Inc they run a route to south east GA 2 times a weeks they will work you a deal

3. Scared Silly

Scared Silly Regular of the Pub

# of Dives: 500 - 999
  4. BackwoodsGA

BackwoodsGA Angel Fish

# of Dives: 100 - 199

David is a great guy and a DIVER as well! If you can't hook up with him I know a place in Valdosta, GA that will do them.