Hydro Testing Florida or Georgia

Discussion in 'General Scuba Equipment Discussions' started by nyerkes, Jul 31, 2009.

1. nyerkes

nyerkes Garibaldi

Does anyone know where I can find a hydro testing facility in central of northeast Florida or Southeast Georgia that doesn't have a sweetheart deal with the dive shops? Those I've checked with in Jacksonville charge exactly the same as the scuba shops who send them tanks for hydro (about $34 for hydro and VIP. Neck inspection extra).

In the early 1990s when I was last diving it wasn't that way. The fire Equipment and welding supply companies charged about half of what scuba shops charged. Now there is no difference. I have about 15 tanks both aluminum and steel that need hydro and VIPs. Travel beyond Jacksonville could be cost effective if I can find a company that doesn't collude with the dive shops on pricing. Any suggestions would be helpful.

2. DNScarboro

DNScarboro Angel Fish

Check with Cylinder & Valve Inc they run a route to south east GA 2 times a weeks they will work you a deal

3. Scared Silly

Scared Silly Regular of the Pub

# of Dives: 500 - 999
  4. BackwoodsGA

BackwoodsGA Single Diver

# of Dives: 100 - 199

David is a great guy and a DIVER as well! If you can't hook up with him I know a place in Valdosta, GA that will do them.