I Love's me some Komodo- Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for the report! I feel like returning to Komodo to dive - I do miss the drift diving in Komodo!

And awesome images :)

Nice report Dirtfarmer. You put some really useful information on this board, so thanks for that.
I've got a three week trip coming up in May so I've been very interested in what you have to say about Scuba Junkies. Like you, I've been on a liveaboard in Komodo before, but I'm traveling solo and I want to keep the cost down so I'm looking at alternatives. Scuba Junkies is one of the alternatives as is some time on the Wicked Diving, hop on-hop off liveaboard parked in the northern area of the park. My thoughts are I might be able to combine the northern sites with the central and southern sites. If you had any thoughts on that, I'd appreciate it.
Also, was the room in Scuba Junkies pretty warm in the early evening? Was the fan enough to cool you down? I know it's subjective. My comfort requirements are minimal, but being overly warm at night is a bit of a concern.
Thanks. Bill

SJ's central location allows them to dive central-north-south, it was dependent on having enough divers to make going north or south viable, and weather/sea conditions. When I was there we did 2 days in the south and one day in the north with the rest central. They are currently having a boat built that will allow them to do overnight trips. I don't know when it will be operational.
It did take a while for the room to cool off from the day, the fans helped keep me cool, and I left the doors open or else it would have been to warm with them closed. I took cool shower to cool off at night and that helped me get to sleep.

If scuba junkies puts in a generator to that i can enjoy AC in the night for sleeping, I could move this up on my list. Thanks for the great report dirtfarmer!

Thank you so much Dirtfarmer for detailed report .
I'm also looking for a dive trip to Komodo Scuba Junkies and I'd like to ask you how "cold" is the cold shawer in the room . I usually try to have hot water in room to warm me up a little bit after a long day diving .
( .... for me not problem at all with lack of AC : I never use it in Indo ... )
thank you very much
Paolo

I"m a fan of a hot shower to warm up after a day of diving also. But due to the time it takes after the last dive and arriving back at the resort I really didn't need to warm up. The water in the shower wasn't cold wasn't hot they store their water so it would be tepid or cool not hot or cold if that makes sense.

I don't always use the AC but I sure do want the choice to be mine. I prefer warm water but can handle tepid. That said, if it's been foolish for days due to rain or such, and my core temp has been dropping through days of diving, I'd sure like at least warm water in the shower. I've been places that didn't offer it or even warmish water and it was almost unbearable. I'm prepared now though. When i know there's not going to be warm showers, I bring along a heating coil that's use is for making coffee or tea in a mug. I've used it successfully.. It can be a pain in the butt to get enough water warmed up to rinse my long hair but it was all worth it. :)

Last edited:
I can deal with no AC but no hot water is tough. Was looking forward to booking this resort after seeing the review, but gotta think twice now.

Back
Top Bottom