"I never laughed so hard as when I saw a scuba diver..."

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teamcasa

Sr. Moderator
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
When a diver gestured "Pull my finger". When his buddy did, the diver purged his octo while holding down below his tank! :rofl3:

When a diver gestured "Pull my finger". When his buddy did, the diver didn't purge his octo while holding down below his tank ...

:rofl4:

I have no clue what it means to purge an octo "while holding down below his tank" and I wonder if anyone else does.

That much being said, I will add my own contribution to this thread. I got certified in college, over the course of an entire semester, and we had like 10x the pool time than a typical dive training program. So we did lots of "optional" stuff such as playing with lift bags.

We'd clip a deflated lift bag to the fin strap of an unsuspecting diver and then 3 or four of us would quickly inflate the thing so the diver would rapidly do a handstand and end up hanging upside down from the surface of the pool wondering WTF just happened

Hilarious!

While some might deem this to be dangerous, realize the pool was maybe 8 or 9 feet deep and the diver was maybe 5 and a half feet tall and not at the bottom during this "maneuver", so we're not talking a lot of ascent here (if any).

I know what it means. ;-)

sharing-is-caring.jpg

Ok so the diver puts his reg down between his knees and makes it seem like he's blowing a huge fart.

Its a good thing I didn't see this hilarious thing happen at depth. I'd probably have to make an emergency ascent because I'd be laughing so hard I wouldn't be able to breathe.

Tank on back, what part of body is below that?

and now lots of bubbles coming from that area

:laughing:

Wonder if that helped with the bouyancy:D - after purging that is?

Back
Top Bottom