I Was An Idiot - Reluctant Confession from a Former Compact Camera User

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is SO NOT a good thread!

I just bought a scooter, signed up for Cave 1 -- I find it hard to believe the difference in the images -- have several trips lined up -- hmmm, I already have a dSLR and strobe and lenses --- This thread is sooooo baddddd.

One thing you did not touch on were the write times to RAW (or did I miss it?)... oh, that and the price :wink:

I can answer that as a fellow 400D/ XTi user. It's got a large enough internal buffer that you will not notice any lag shooting single shots. In burst mode, you probably could get 11 RAW shots off at 3fps until the buffer fills up. More than sufficient for u/w use unless you were shooting a breaching great white shark :wink:.

Just made the jump myself to an Olympus E-410. I've taken some pool pics and agree with your assessment completely. It feels like a beast out of the water but inside it is as neutral as my old P&S. I certainly don't miss the shutter lag and even though the E410 has live view I don't find myself even wanting to use it because the viewfinder is so bright and clear.

Look forward to seeing your pics and hearing your impression of the E-410. I'm waiting to see what the E-3 has to offer in terms of housings, otherwise it may well be the 410 that I go for.

Back
Top Bottom