i300 and Core regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glenn Williams

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
All:
First off let me introduce myself. My name is Glenn and I am newly certified through SSI. I just purchased a full set of gear through Divers Supply. I upgraded their package deal and went with the core regulator and core Octo. I elected to stay with the i300 as I wanted a gauge and a computer just in case the computer died, I wanted to be able to see my air remaining. I also got the Pro BC HD. Anyway my question to you all is:

1. How is your experience, diving with the core? Pro's and Con's
2. How do you like the i300? Any tips/advice
3. Pro HD BCD, same question. How do you like it, good, bad etc?

Thanks in advance

Glenn

2. How do you like the i300? Any tips/advice
I have an i300 console and I really like it! The compass being on the opposite side is a bit of a pain when trying to maintain a steady depth, but with good buoyancy control it is not impossible. I don't yet have the USB cable so I have not attempted to dock the computer with my laptop.

I have the cable and just dove 3 dives. Have not synced yet. This was the first time I dove in fresh water from the pool. Average depth was about 27 feet. We will see how it loads up on my laptop. I did not have any issues with the console and the compass was pretty easy on the swivel.

Will try to update this week if possible. We are leaving to go on a cruise the 2nd. Will be diving the A,B,C islands so if I don't get it synced will try after the cruise.

Glenn

The Core Reg is a good reg. I have legends, I think your new Core will have the same operating controls as my older legends. Franky I've had no issues with any of my Aqualung regs. They get treated not badly but they're not handled with cotton wool. and have always performed flawlessly. I get my regs serviced yearly, but them I hit over 100 dives per year so that's my choice.

The 1st stage is fitted with an ACD (Automatic closure device) which close on release from the cylinder to prevent water entering the 1st stage. Don't blast compressed air at it as there in no point. Again I've not had any issues with water in my 1st stage despite soaking the whole thing over night most weekend for the last 3 years.

Good luck and enjoy

That's good info. I don't foresee immersing mine for cleaning, I just rinse everything then leave it to dry. So far I am really liking my setup.

Glenn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom