igills new iphone case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not sure to whom you are referring, but I don't see any inaccurate comments in this thread

Yea, I didn't get the impression that the manufacturers were designing their own deco model and theoretical tissue compartments... :)

I just talked to a friend who is a iEverything addict. He tells me that as long as the iPhone V fits in the housing the dataport problem can be solved for $59.99 with the appropriate "REDPARK" adaptor. I have no idea what that is, but I'll take his word for it.

Those are just cases, while they keep your phone dry, they serve little other purpose.

not sure to whom you are referring, but I don't see any inaccurate comments in this thread

Yea, I didn't get the impression that the manufacturers were designing their own deco model and theoretical tissue compartments... :)

He's probably referring to people speculating on features without bothering to even read the product's website.

This from their site tech specs:

• Buhlmann ZH-L16, 16 compartment algorithm
  • Halftimes: 5, 8, 12.5, 18.5, 27, 38.3, 54.3, 77, 109, 146, 187, 239, 305, 390, 498, 635 minutes
  • N2 Loading tracked for 24 hours after last dive
  • Digitally Magnetic Compass
  • Gyro Stabilized

From their Hardware page:

High Accuracy Depth and Temp Sensor
On Board Computer
iPhone Dock

So the iPhone itself does not provide the depth or temp, it displays it from the sensor via the dock. It uses a magnetic compass (It's not clear if this is the iPhone's magnetic compass or its own) and uses a trusted decompression Algorithm.

I wouldn't buy it myself, but I also leave my iPhone in my car when I go diving!

There are several others out there though. Www.scubacapsule.com is the one I'm watching. Regardless of the flavor, it's exciting stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Onboard computer

Likely ARM running some linux variant...perhaps Android...now wouldn't that be something?

The idea is cool, and I'd likely use it for curiosity if the price were right.

There are several others out there though. Www.scubacapsule.com is the one I'm watching. Regardless of the flavor, it's exciting stuff.

I confess I don't know why.

Multi-tools, by their very nature, are compromises. This is a tool that costs as much as a basic dive computer but puts your expensive consumer product at risk to make it work.

Buy a Zoop and a Gopro and you have better functionality with tools properly designed for the purpose and less $$$ at risk in an unforgiving environment.

Maybe it would help if we were to call them the iZoop and the iGopro? :)

Don't know why? Drink the look-aid marked "Apple."

I confess I don't know why.

Multi-tools, by their very nature, are compromises. This is a tool that costs as much as a basic dive computer but puts your expensive consumer product at risk to make it work.

Buy a Zoop and a Gopro and you have better functionality with tools properly designed for the purpose and less $$$ at risk in an unforgiving environment.

Maybe it would help if we were to call them the iZoop and the iGopro? :)

I agree, it seems this has a strong "cool" factor, but not a great option for diving (for me anyway).

Back
Top Bottom