I'm addicted but non-divers don't care

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is this secret handshake you speak of agency specific:D
Well of course it is. Many feel the PADI shake to be inferior to the DI.......ah never mind. :popcorn:

Time to get new friends. :D:D

okay, I know that is extreme, but trust me on this, it won't change. When hubby, daughter and I got certified back in 2000, we were instantly obsessed. We talked about it constantly at work, made everyone come over to our desks to look at pictures, etc. and drove people crazy. Pretty soon we realized that our old friends just weren't interested in our new adventures so we started making friends through our LDS. We even started hanging out at the LDS for hours every weekend to just talk to other divers! My husband soon decided he wanted to continue his education with PADI and daughter and I took some classes, too. Soon hubby was a DM working for the shop and we now had a whole new circle of friends and were able to go to the local dive spot with the LDS and dive with the group. (BTW, hubby is now an instructor and loving it.)

Now we have very few friends who are NOT "scuba addicts". Diving is still a huge part of our lives and our non-diving friends and family still don't get it.

Now that's OBSESSED.:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Welcome to the brightside of life.:lotsalove:

That's why it's secret.:rofl3:

Actually it is one of the Specialty courses offered by PADI towards your AOW certification. :rofl3:

Sorry to all of PADI for that one but I just could not leave it open like that.

You're forgiven,but only for this one and in this thread.:rofl3::rofl3::mooner:

Actually it is one of the Specialty courses offered by PADI towards your AOW certification. :rofl3:

Is that coursed called "Underwater Communication: An Introduction":rofl3:

This weekend I’ll be completing my PADI “Diving Obsession” certification. The studying has been tough but I think it’s been worth it! :D

This weekend I’ll be completing my PADI “Diving Obsession” certification. The studying has been tough but I think it’s been worth it! :D

Of course I agree that it will be worth it. All it took to hook me was a discover scuba in a pool where when I was kneeling my mask was almost out of the water and I signed up for OW on the spot. Good luck and dive safe.

Yep, I hear what you're selling. I'm addicted to. I really try to help others (non-divers) understand that diving will blow their mind and they don't know what their missing! I believe they can feel my passion, however they just don't get it. Sigh.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom