In need of an offsize Ike arm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allison Finch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am building a bridge for my housing and don't want to use the multi-part arm you offer. The problem in that I need a 9 or 10 inch arm. The 12 inch is too long and the 7 inch is just too short for my triple clamps. I need to be able to mount a focus light with a ball mount along the arm.

Is there a way to machine an arm this length? If not, how easy would it be to cut a 12 inch down and weld it?

I recommend taking a look at Ultralight's arm offerings- they have a 10" buoyancy arm and an 8" standard arm, one of which may suit your application.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite

The buoyancy arms arms are out due to space and weight and I need to mount equipment on the bridge. The 8 inch is simply too short to make the span. The 12 inch too wide. I will be using it for my focus light, so the sliding capability is a plus.

I am building a bridge for my housing and don't want to use the multi-part arm you offer. The problem in that I need a 9 or 10 inch arm. The 12 inch is too long and the 7 inch is just too short for my triple clamps. I need to be able to mount a focus light with a ball mount along the arm.

Is there a way to machine an arm this length? If not, how easy would it be to cut a 12 inch down and weld it?

I Das Housing Arm System BB I09 Aluminum Arm 9" | eBay

I am out of town not but I will call you next week..I still have your number. We may can make something......as long as you don't bring the pointy sticks. :)

It's been too long...have a machine shop in the back yard so we can make pretty much anything. Might take some thinking to figure out what to do but ods are we can make what you want...as long as you are in no huge hurry. Diving Coz this week.

It's been too long...have a machine shop in the back yard so we can make pretty much anything. Might take some thinking to figure out what to do but ods are we can make what you want...as long as you are in no huge hurry. Diving Coz this week.

I am in no hurry. My next trip in the middle of Dec through the middle of Jan in the Philippines. Are you able to cut down an aluminum arm and weld it shorter? That might be easier than trying to build the ball ends.

shopping

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom