Inflator valve sticking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey

Thanks for all the input. I guess I will take it off my BC and try cleaning/soaking it a bit and see. In the meantime ill order a replacement - being on Hawaii everything is almost double what I can find online.

You can get a standard inflator for $40 shipped to Hawaii from LP.

You can get a standard inflator for $40 shipped to Hawaii from LP.

I thought Oceanic used a smaller corrugated hose so a Std inflator may not work.

I thought Oceanic used a smaller corrugated hose so a Std inflator may not work.

They do, and it won't. You could get a whole standard inflator assembly but that's starting to become an expensive fix -70 bucks at divegearexpress.com

Scuba.com lists the Oceanic replacement inflator for 45.00. Being an oceanic dealer I would think LP can get it also, though you'd have to call - maybe you'll get a better price as well. Personally I'd figure out how to take it apart and clean it out myself - it likely is just dirty inside, as mentioned above.

They do, and it won't. You could get a whole standard inflator assembly but that's starting to become an expensive fix -70 bucks at divegearexpress.com

Scuba.com lists the Oceanic replacement inflator for 45.00. Being an oceanic dealer I would think LP can get it also, though you'd have to call - maybe you'll get a better price as well. Personally I'd figure out how to take it apart and clean it out myself - it likely is just dirty inside, as mentioned above.

I know I can measure it when I take it off but do you happen to know the size of the hose?

I know I can measure it when I take it off but do you happen to know the size of the hose?

I beleive Oceanics are 7/8 ths inch diameter while almost all others in the industry are 1 inch.

I'm betting it's 3/4". The OD of the hose itself is only 1"and it's safe to say the wall is thicker than 1/16". If you really need to know I can take the hose off my wife's BC and measure the ID.

I'm betting it's 3/4". The OD of the hose itself is only 1"and it's safe to say the wall is thicker than 1/16". If you really need to know I can take the hose off my wife's BC and measure the ID.

Thanks. But you don't need to do that. I'm just going to take mine off before I order one

I am amazed no one mentioned lubing it after cleaning it. Shoot some lube into the LP inlet and depress the inflator button. This is something I do often to keep my inflator from sticking.

Back
Top Bottom