Info please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey all!

Just looking for PADI membership shop annual renewal fees. As well as the 2016/2017 individual membership renewal fees.

Thank you much!!

Last edited:
Hi awisediver,

as far as I'm aware, PADI doesn't have annual renewal fees in general.

Local Dive Shops, or Local Divers often come together and form a club, and they might then have a fee associated to that.
But I don't think there is a fee that yearly needs to be paid to PADI.

I can't find anything in that regard on google, or the PADI website either :) I think you are "free to dive"...

Only PADI pros are members (if they actively teach). At that point you receive a cert. card with a PADI number that never changes (as opposed to other cert. cards, each having their own Diver number). You can join the PADI Diving Society for some kind of fee and get a magazine subscription (I THINK non pros can still get the paper version).

Just looking for PADI membership shop annual renewal fees. As well as the 2016/2017 individual membership renewal fees.
Not altogether clear on the exact focus of the question. But, . . . PADI Pros pay annual fees, depending on level (DM, Assistant Instructor, Instructor, etc.). I don't have a price list handy. Best / quickest way to find out is to call or email your regional PADI office, which for Honduras would be PADI Americas (Contact Your Local PADI® Office).

Shops also pay fees based on level of shop. As above, best / quickest way to find out is to call your regional PADI office, which will have IRRA information as well as individual membership information.

Last edited:
Hey guys/gals! thx for all the speculation.

In future I would prefer you keep your inaccurate info to yourselves as opposed to guessing. This is not directed at everyone just the ones who feel the need, for some obscure reason, to spout off and not know what they are talking about. For those who want to know the actual answer to this question please read on.

Original dive shop application has a processing fee, for 2016 is $659.00usd.

Once application/membership has been approved/processed, a yearly fee 2016 is $459.00usd

Here are the prices for the instructor renewals 2017:

Divemaster Auto Renewal $125.00
Instructor Auto Renewal $242.00
Alumni Auto Renewal $59.00
EFRI Automatic/early renewal $65.00

Once application/membership has been approved/processed, a yearly fee 2016 is $459.00usd
Interesting. I had the impression that the annual fee varied according to shop level - e.g. a 'PADI Dive Center, vs a 'PADI 5 Star IDC'. But, apparently not.. Thanks for sharing the info.

Sorry, my bad - I was going off the "invididual membership" and wasn't aware that this was directed to Professional Divers as oppose to Recreational Diving, since post was in the Intro thread, rather than the Pro-Board.

With an attitude like that combined with the demonstrated lack of relationship with the local padi office I'll be staying clear of ocean connections.

I've come to love how helpful we all try to be, especially for newcomers, even if their questions are poorly formed and in the wrong place.

Anyway, if your looking to introduce yourself and take part in this community feel free to do so.

Cameron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom