Information on woman who was bent in Cayman Brac last week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I won't worry too much. The sperms would be dead quickly at that temperature & chlorine environment.
Not to prolong the grossness, but I would imagine that most people would not want to "bathe" in water infused with dead sperm?

Brings to mind a conversation many years ago with my then 5 year old son. It was a rainy day and we were driving some where in the car. Son got unusually quiet for several minutes,
Son: Dad, are whales mammals?
Me: Yes, Son
Son in an awed voice: Gosh they must have sperm as big as bass. Think he had a vision of salmon going upstream.
Me: No son, they have regular sized sperm
Me to self: Gosh I really do not know how big they are but think I will let this conversation end.

Not to prolong the grossness, but I would imagine that most people would not want to "bathe" in water infused with dead sperm?

We do every time we dive in water with fish that have spawned at some point.

There is a recompression chamber at Faith Hospital in Cayman Brac. While it is possible that a DCS patient might still be transferred to Grand Cayman, the usual preference would be to treat them right on the Brac rather than subject them to air transport..

The reason why they close the hot tubs is not because of scuba divers potentially getting bent.

It has to do with what the other passengers will do in the hot tubs when no one is around in the middle of the night and which is presumedly why Heidi Ho will not get in a public hot tub.

EXACTLY! :) To me, they are human petri dishes....ick. Yet, I'll swim in a public pool. Go figure.....

I won't worry too much. The sperms would be dead quickly at that temperature & chlorine environment.
Oddly, that doesn't make me want to hop in one any more. I have never understood the pleasure in soaking in other people's dirt... Maybe in my drysuit?

Last edited:
Oddly, that doesn't make me want to hop in one any more. I have never understood the pleasure in soaking on other people's dirt... Maybe in my drysuit?

Neither would I, especially right after diving. Just stating the fact. :)

We do every time we dive in water with fish that have spawned at some point.

Which reminds me of the favorite expression of an old friend of mine, when choosing a beer over a glass of water... "You know what fish do in that stuff, right?" :-D

It has to do with what the other passengers will do in the hot tubs when no one is around in the middle of the night and which is presumedly why Heidi Ho will not get in a public hot tub.

It's more about someone being so drunk that they fall asleep in the tub and drowns. Not to mention the slip and fall, knock yourself out as you wind up in the water. Cleanliness is not on their mind, that won't kill anyone outright.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom