Instructors dive log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A dive with a student or a group of students is a dive in my log. If I take two different groups on two o/w dive #1s, I log two. One for each. A dive for a student or a group is a bonafide dive. So it is for me also.

Absolutely! The best reason, already mentioned by several above, is that it sets a good example. And I certainly don't see it as cheapening the count. Those are working dives, with in most cases more opportunity for learning experiences than any purely recreational dive.

--ECR

I too log my dives with students. Why not.

When I first moved to the Islands the other instructor's use to give me a bad time for logging them.

After the hurricane, most of the staff left the island. Before many left we discussed our first dive on the island when we arrived. Most could not remember which site they dived first, but I was able to look up my logs and find out. In the end some of them had wished they log their dives just for clear memory.

Salaam

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom