Integrated Weights For Cold Water Diving - Zeagle Express Tech BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StubbornRussian

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I dive a zeagle express tech with a 44 lb wing. I added a 30 lb ripcord weight system before our recent warm water vacation and like it so much more than a weight belt. Our next couple of dive trips will be in cold water diving 7+7 farmer john wetsuit. My last dives with weight belt and same bcd I was at 36-38 lbs. What would be the best way to make up the last 6 or 8 lbs with this setup? I am a much improved diver since my last cold water trip so I am hoping I might be able to drop a few lbs just because of this. Also, I notice a little bit of forward tilt when on top of the water.

Rear Weight System 16lb - they also install on either tank band so might help with your tilt problem.

It's listed (one of the icons) as an option on the ET deluxe which is the same as yours with the pads added.

Express Tech Deluxe

Our next couple of dive trips will be in cold water diving 7+7 farmer john wetsuit. My last dives with weight belt and same bcd I was at 36-38 lbs.

Are you saying you needed 36-38#'s of lead ?

Yeah crazy right? I have gotten much more fit since last cold water dives and my air is better so hopefully that number goes down next trip!

The he rear weight system looks perfect.

good for you for getting in better shape!

I use the Tech Express and a 5mm full suit, hood, gloves and AL80 and only use 12lb in fresh, 16lb in salt..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom