Introducing the Liquivision OMNIX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You announce on Nov 12 and still not available, WTF. Trying to put in a placeholder?

On the other hand, I have seen manufacturers get criticism when they announce a product just before release, because people are annoyed about a purchase of an older model or competing product and would have waited had they known the new product was coming out. I am not sure which approach is really best, but I would tend to think earlier announcements are better, so long as we are not talking more than maybe 90 or 120 days from announcement to release.

A trade in would be nice, but I doubt it. Maybe at least something like a 10% loyalty discount?

I was a very early adopter, and have remained a fan of the Lynx even after suffering through having one of the bad batch of transmitters, and then having a weird issue with the computer where the displayed battery voltage was wrong. Had to send it in, and they just sent a new replacement. Liquivision used one of my posts here on Scubaboard on their web site for quite a while as a positive review of the computer.

Having said all that, I have always disliked the size of the transmitter. The new one looks better, but way too much money to justify replacing a working unit. When I started rebreather diving I was disappointed at the lack of support to be able to use as an external backup. So for that, I just bought a Petrel. Two different computers that fill their niche well in my opinion.

So, while I like the looks of the new computer, it would take a considerable trade in for me to even consider it. That's not going to happen, so I for one will just sit tight, and see how it all unfolds.

On the other hand, I have seen manufacturers get criticism when they announce a product just before release, because people are annoyed about a purchase of an older model or competing product and would have waited had they known the new product was coming out. I am not sure which approach is really best, but I would tend to think earlier announcements are better, so long as we are not talking more than maybe 90 or 120 days from announcement to release.

A trade in would be nice, but I doubt it. Maybe at least something like a 10% loyalty discount?

With no details regarding specs, it's difficult knowing what you're waiting for. Not sure why releasing specs prerelease is so difficult

With no details regarding specs, it's difficult knowing what you're waiting for. Not sure why releasing specs prerelease is so difficult

Yes, I would think they would have the specs down before they announced and would think they could have put something up about that by now, especially since they say they are delaying putting anything on their website until they have a firm(er) release date. Clearly that implies the things are in or nearing production.

I have a Lynx and like it for the most part. It is hard to read on the surface in daylight and cost of replacement batteries and short life of rechargeables has been a nuisance.

I would really like some generous upgrade or trade-in program, but I can't see how that could work out for them.

I'd like to know if they will offer more control over the GF settings than the 3 presets on the Lynx

FWIW, I have been told the Omnix is in Beta testing now and they are hoping for an April "release." I support thorough testing but I think they should put something on their website or here, but I guess they don't want to.

OK, now 5 months since announcement of the Omnix, when will detailed specs be available? When will it be available? Several online vendors are offering preorders, $1,600 with transmitter! My question is the same, "I'd like to know if they will offer more control over the GF settings than the 3 presets on the Lynx", January 27.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom