Invasion 2012 Travel and Diving Tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you take your own weights?

I like to be organized (can’t you tell) so I have a travel checklist on file that I printout. Here's my list if you like. View attachment 124688 That way, I don’t have to think too much about remembering what I need. The list includes everything that might be needed. If something's on the list that doesn’t apply to this trip, I just cross it off. I also include things to do like stopping the mail, newspaper and calling the credit card companies to inform them that I will be going out of the country so they don't cut me off in mid-trip.

I only take my weights if I'm driving and travelling in state. I don't take them when I'm flying. So for this trip I would just automatically cross them off my list from the start. :)

you take your own weights?...and what the heck is the baby aspirin for in the Dive Equipment list? lol

As far as I know, In case of a heart attack, baby aspirin could help to save your life. Especially if your out on the boat or a romote location.
In Case Of Emergency | Best You

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip, I did that last year and it worked great. But can you buy Woolite in Cozumel rather than packing it?

I'm sure they have something similar, may not be Woolite, but I'm sure something is there. I'm only bringing a little bit anyway, maybe just enough for 2-3 'loads' during the 2 weeks. I try to avoid going to the supermarket on vacation if it's just for little things.

We took like 30 individual "travel" packets each of woolite & tide (bed bath & beyond) to Malaysia last fall where I learned how to wash my clothes in a tub by hand. It's pretty easy, even I can do it

:D

14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

I also want to remind everyone on
the importance of getting Hydrated before
and
staying Hydrated during the Invasion.
(beer doesn't count)
It will be very hot down in Mexico especially for the northern folks.
Drinking small amounts continually during the day instead of downing 1-2 glasses a day will help your body retain the liquids better. And remember if your planning on drinking after diving, drink some water in between drinks to help with the adverse effects of drinking and dehyration.
:wink: Have fun but play it smart and safe. :wink:

14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

Last edited:
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

I also want to remind everyone on
the importance of getting Hydrated before
and
staying Hydrated during the Invasion.
(beer doesn't count)
It will be very hot down in Mexico especially for the northern folks.
Drinking small amounts continually during the day instead of downing 1-2 glasses a day will help your body retain the liquids better. And remember if your planning on drinking after diving, drink some water in between drinks to help with the adverse effects of drinking and dehyration.
:wink: Have fun but play it smart and safe. :wink:

14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

As we call it in my line of work, FORCED HYDRATION! I will literally drink 12-16 12oz bottles of water a day a week before the trip and during the trip. But I typically drink a full gallon a water a day anyway. I have also started taking my probiotics so that I have had a full 30 day build up of those prior to the trip and I will still get sick. It never fails, I just try to kill the bacteria with Tequila. :confused:

Last night I picked up some single serving Pedialyte pouches (the kind you dump into a bottle of water). Everytime I came back a little tipsy last year, I slammed a bottle of that Diver's D-lyte stuff to help with dehydration for the next morning... all I'll say is that I had no hangovers when I know I should have. Hopefully these will do the trick as well!

As far as I know, In case of a heart attack, baby aspirin could help to save your life. Especially if your out on the boat or a romote location.
In Case Of Emergency | Best You

i knew you can take it daily for prevention of heart attacks but didn't know that in works as a one time emergency "treatment", thanks

Do I hear alot of suitcases being packed? Is everyone getting ready?
It won't be long now. Tomorrow starts the single digit countdown for most of us!
First this , Then this Ahhhhh!
Can you smell the salt water?​

Do I hear alot of suitcases being packed? Is everyone getting ready?
It won't be long now. Tomorrow starts the single digit countdown for most of us!
First this , Then this Ahhhhh!
Can you smell the salt water?​
I've been in the single digit countdown for 4 or 5 days already! It is great being me. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom