Invasion Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's Thursday and I am tired... have to prep the camera for MORE fun. Last night I encountered a free swimming Splendid Toad Fish (No... not, CardZard) and that made my week! :D

Poor guy. Sniff Sniff.... I feel soooooo sorry for you!
04.gif

Last edited:
Well, I'm back home about 5 days earlier then scheduled and a heck of a lot fewer dives thenplanned. Still I made the best of the trip that I could after getting bent. Thank goodness I have DAN and additional travel Insurance. My total bill for the chamber rides and hospital stay is about $8100. I should be reimbursed all of that plus the unused dives. Hopefully some of my additional expenses will be covered also.

Well, I'm back home about 5 days earlier then scheduled and a heck of a lot fewer dives thenplanned. Still I made the best of the trip that I could after getting bent. Thank goodness I have DAN and additional travel Insurance. My total bill for the chamber rides and hospital stay is about $8100. I should be reimbursed all of that plus the unused dives. Hopefully some of my additional expenses will be covered also.

Well that's great news. I'm so glad your doing better and not getting treated at first in Playa didn't cause you additional problems. Rest up and the 6 months will go by quickly.

The only good thing about getting bent on my dive vacation was the wheel chair assistance I got at IAH airport. Got wheeled to Customs and Immigration and taken nearly to the front of the line. Time from leaving the plane to having luggage in hand, about 30 minutes. Still I highly recommend that you stand in line at customs and immigration vs getting bent. :)

Found!!!! Vick had a black with pink shorty stuffed into her dive bag the last day of diving. Is anyone missing this?

Someone "found" a pair of my black Henderson dive socks hanging with my wetsuit on the 3rd day and is still "borrowing" them. I figure if that's all I lost on the trip, I am pretty lucky. My last three trips all included flooded cameras!

Back
Top Bottom