ip- sealed/unsealed Titan and performance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The old Titan manual recommends an ip of 135-140 unsealed and 125-130 if dry sealed. I'm wondering a) why this is? and b) would it have any effect performance wise on an unbalanced second stage such as a Conshelf, cracking effort or such? Cheers.

assumption is that you are dry sealing for cold water diving. the lower ip helps a little with preventing 2nd stage freeze up/free flow

slight difference in performance as the lower ip will increase wob if you don't adjust the lever height and cracking to compensate.

assumption is that you are dry sealing for cold water diving. the lower ip helps a little with preventing 2nd stage freeze up/free flow

slight difference in performance as the lower ip will increase wob if you don't adjust the lever height and cracking to compensate.

Thank you sir. So to be clear, As long as I re tune the second stage to the first stage ip, performance should be the same regardless of ip? My reason for sealing the Titans was just to keep s#%^t out of the reg. Just out of curiosity, That being the case is it ok even though it's sealed to set it to the high end of manufactures recommended ip? Or can I damage or cause a malfunction? Cheers.

I'm adjustig the old Titans at 600psi tank pressure to 143-145psi IP.
For me it doesn't matter if the 1st is sealed or not.
Mostly the regs of my customers (fleet regs) have unbalanced 2nds, so I can adjust the cracking effort (CE) easily to the lower resistence of the specs, but also with your balanced beautiful babies I guess you could squeeze out about 0,1 to 0,2 inch/h2o lower CE.
If I don't dive in cold conditions, I wouldn't hesitate to adjust to slightly higher IP than recommended in the manuals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom