Irda. Driver for Windows 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DuboisP, big Thanks,
it works following the steps in kb-3150989.

It seems to be true, that it will work in next windows 10 version!!!!

Just came across this thread whilst looking for a fix to this problem after being given a Uwatec Smart Tec.
I did the fast windows preview thing as described and I had to wait all day day for the update to show. After a couple of hours of downloading and updating it now works fine.

Reactions: Jax
I received this from Scubapro Australia:

IRDA SOLUTION BULLETIN
As we reported previously, ever since Microsoft released its Windows 10 to market our dive computer customers who migrated to Windows 10 have had issues with their infrared IRDA communications. As a consequence, Galileo, Smart and Aladin/XP owners haven’t been able to download their dives or adjust their dive computer settings using their PCs and either SmartTRAK or LogTRAK.
Here is the fix to this IRDA issue:
(Please refer to the following Microsoft link: to find more information on the sequence for enabling IRDA networking on a Windows 10 PC.)
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3150989
Notes

To enable IRDA networking, the PC must be updated to Windows 10, Version 1511.

If the PC runs under an earlier version, please use Microsoft Windows Updates to download and install the latest Windows 10 updates.

Microsoft’s procedure has to be run under an Admin user profile.

According to Microsoft, the user has to “open an elevated Command Prompt window” first. To do so:
1. Click on Start menu.
2. From the menu, click on “Run.” It is located on the upper right part of the menu screen.
3. A pop-up window will open. In the “Open” field, type cmd and click the “OK” button.
4. The “elevated Command Prompt window” opens.
5. From that point, you just have to follow the procedure.
IRDA SOLUTION BULLETIN
WEBSITE
Windows 10

Please ensure all previous versions of the Windows driver have been uninstalled.

Please ensure that at least version 1511 (plus April 2016 updates) of Window 10 is installed on your PC.

Connect your IRDA device to your PC, the driver is automatically retrieved & installed by Windows 10 when the device is used for the first time.

In order to enable IRDA communication on a Windows 10 PC, follow the procedure outlined above
Thanks for your patience with this issue and if you have any quesitons please contact your local Scubapro Dealer.

Yes it works and is pretty straight forward if your PC has already upgraded to build / version 1511.
To check that from the start menu select settings, system, about and look at version. With luck it will be 1511.

If yes, press windows key, type cmd, right click on command prompt and pick run as administrator

As per https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3150989

type netcfg –u ms_irdanetcfg –c p –I ms_irda and press enter

Restart windows, plug in your dongle and try SmartTrak

You can do the other test if you have a problem

Good luck and thanks Zod066

Scubapro Australia have friends in high places, ie. Scubaboard, LOL. Glad to help pass on the e-mails.

Another potential problem:
I had to buy a different infrared "receiver" to get Windows 10 to communicate with my Subgear XP10 computer

I installed Windows 10 and like many found that I could no longer get my IR connection to work. I found this thread and followed the recommendations making sure I had the correct version of Windows 10, (1511), "binding the IrDA protocol and enabling IrDA services as per the microsoft KB3150989, etc.

I still couldn't get the IR connection established. I played around with trying to update the driver, but that didn't work either since Windows indicated that I had the best driver for the hardware.

I finally got it to work by buying a new IR "receiver" and it worked perfectly. My theory is that the "Best" driver available wasn't current enough to work with Windows 10 since I ultimately found out that the company who made the "Sigma Tel" Ir receiver wasn't around any more and the "best" driver was probably to "old" to work with Windows 10 (just my layman's theory).

I got an "ACTiSYS" IR receiver via Amazon and I'm back in business being able to transfer dives to my computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom