Is Hydro Optix out of business?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A-Z

Registered
Reaction score
I tried one of their masks and liked it, but have not been able to contact the company despite multiple attempts.

Their website is still up, but I've received no response to my email inquiry and they don't answer their phone -- it just rings and rings, and no voice mail.

Weird.

A-Z,

We're still kicking! But I've been out of town on extended business (not the dive business). We use a challenge-response system for our inbound email because soooooo much spam is sent to us. Perhaps your email to us was sent from a "new" email address (i.e. not on our system's "friends" list), and you didn't notice our challenge-response in your inbound emails? The system sometimes creates false-positives.

To avoid the above hassle, please use our contact-us page -
Dive Masks by HydroOptix -- Contact Us -- E-Mail

I'll be in touch with Terri and let her know to look for your message (please mention in your message that you're A-Z from SB).

Glad to hear it! I've got one of your masks and love it. Sure made a difference in my diving!

Hi guys,

I've been trying to get in touch with HydroOptix as well. I wanted to order a replacement lens or two for the Mega 4.5DD. I actually called them about 6-8 months ago and spoke with someone who said she was out of stock. Gave her my VISA number and she said she'd ship more as soon as they got more in. Many months passed.. still no shipment. Tried calling / emailing / using the Contact Us form several times in the interim and never heard back.

Today I went looking around to see if any scuba stores have the 4.5DD in stock (would buy a new one if I was able) and I'm hearing HydroOptix went out of business. Are you guys still out there? Has anyone had any luck contacting them lately?

Thanks!

I've got one used once in a pool up for grabs

Hi guys,

I've been trying to get in touch with HydroOptix as well. I wanted to order a replacement lens or two for the Mega 4.5DD. I actually called them about 6-8 months ago and spoke with someone who said she was out of stock. Gave her my VISA number and she said she'd ship more as soon as they got more in. Many months passed.. still no shipment. Tried calling / emailing / using the Contact Us form several times in the interim and never heard back.

It's weird that the owner, Jon, posted a response to my inquiry (above) indicating that they were still in business, but no one answers the phone or responds to emails. (I followed the procedure he suggested and mentioned in my email that I was A-Z on the ScubaBoard -- still no response.) If they're not out of business on paper, they sure seem to be functionally.

I'm also having trouble reaching the company. While the front-facing and web-store websites are still up, the form submission website (*.biz) is not. Also, the large scuba web retailers all seem to list the mask as discontinued or sold-out, the company doesn't answer the phone - not even with VM or a recording, doesn't respond to web emails from their website, or answer any queries of any kind, the number for my nearest dealer is disconnected and I get no answer to web-email to them either.
Like A-Z, I wonder why Jon, "inventor and president" hasn't responded to any more posts in this thread since last September despite having posted several times elsewhere in the board as recently as this month.

With additional calls around the region (> 100 miles) I was able to find one dealer with one (pink) mask still in stock.
While I understand that businesses can run into difficulties, I can't imagine a valid reason to be completely incommunicado to the entire customer base.

Jon, how about letting us know what's happening?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom