Is it time to split the site?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ardy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Over the last few years, most posts relate to TG use with a lesser number being about EM/OM cameras and housings.

What do you reckon is it worth a split? I have no great issue but I find I don't read TG posts and I assume TG users don't read the stuff I'm interested in.

I think the overall volume of posts does not warrant splitting it into sub forums. 20 active threads in the last couple months not exactly an overwhelming avalanche of posts to sift thru.

Also TG users are more likely to consider upgrading within brand if they are exposed to additional capabilities available.

I think the over volume of posts does not warrant splitting it into sub forums. 20 active threads in the last couple months not exactly an overwhelming avalanche of posts to sift thru.

Also TG users are more likely to consider upgrading within brand of they are exposed to additional capabilities available.
Not convinced that many will consider upgrading. Most of those I have spoken to (not many I add) are either young people who like the ability over a GoPro or EM users downsizing to a smaller format that produces excellent macro. I suspect many TG users were hoping for more in the 7 but will stay as there is no obvious alternative out there. The only rule that matters is that 'Nature abhors a vacuum'. Someone will be eying up this marketplace as a nice little add-on to their main line.

Not sure I understand, split forum to create a subforum for TG alone?

If this is correct, I don't think that the volume of traffic here warrants it but it doesn't hurt if you did split the forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom