Is there any beach diving in Provos?

Discussion in 'Greater Caribbean and Bermuda' started by superbrandx, Jan 25, 2005.

1. superbrandx

superbrandx Garibaldi

We're planning a trip in Feb. I've read the other threads. Any further tips and advice would be appreciated.

2. wscdive

wscdive Scuba Instructor

# of Dives:
    I have the same question, Iv'e dove there twice but always as a single diver so i went with the boats. In June I will be there with my son and his gf (who I am certifying). After the cert dives I would like to take them shore diving to save some money and extend our dives if possible. Any advice would be appreciated.

3. rad21

rad21 Nassau Grouper

4. Tim Ingersoll

Tim Ingersoll Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I've been going to TCI for a lot of years and haven't seen it in the past. I am not sure that anyone rents tanks for shore diving. I suppose you could do some in Grace Bay but I haven't seen it. The diving there would be mediocre at best as the reef is well out from the beach. You could also give it a try off Malcolm Roads Beach on the west side of the island. You will need a four-wheel to get there and even that was dicey last time. The wall is only about a 1/4 mile off the beach there and doable from shore although I have never done it or seen it done that way. I wish you luck. I would start by e-mailing Donna at Caicos Adventures and asking if anyone down there rents tanks for shore diving. Post and let me know.