It's been a long road back from Covid, ready to dive again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @12th Man

Sorry about the bad assumption I made about your Jupiter shark dives, I was wrong.

2.75 atm is 1.75 atm over the 1 atm at sea level. 2.75 atm is a depth of just under 58 feet (57.75/33 +1 = 2.75). Unless, of course, they are talking about 2.75 atm over normal atmospheric pressure (90.75/33 +1 = 3.75). The former is the usual nomenclature.

Hi @12th Man

Sorry about the bad assumption I made about your Jupiter shark dives, I was wrong.

2.75 atm is 1.75 atm over the 1 atm at sea level. 2.75 atm is a depth of just under 58 feet (57.75/33 +1 = 2.75). Unless, of course, they are talking about 2.75 atm over normal atmospheric pressure (90.75/33 +1 = 3.75). The former is the usual nomenclature.
No problem, it's all good. I was just going off the depth that the tech told me when she was setting up the chamber for my session. I will tell you I cleared my ears twice as much in that chamber than I normally would do when diving. At the 1.75 atmospheres the decompression was 6 min. Today the decompression at 2.75 was 12 minutes. Just little things I noticed having never been in a hyperbaric chamber. I was able to nap when not watching TV. :)

Back
Top Bottom