January 28 1986 11:38am EST ... Mission STS-51L ... the Challenger crew

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_B

Kimber/TekDiveGirl storyteller and memory keeper
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
January 28 1986 11:38am EST ... Mission STS-51L ... the Challenger crew
Francis "Dick" Scobee - Ron McNair - Mike Smith - Ellison Onizuka - Judy Resnik - Greg Jarvis and school teacher Christa McAuliffe, died when the Space Shuttle Challenger exploded 73 seconds after liftoff

"The future is not free: the story of all human progress is one of a struggle against all odds. We learned again that this America, which Abraham Lincoln called the last, best hope of man on Earth, was built on heroism and noble sacrifice. It was built by men and women like our seven star voyagers, who answered a call beyond duty, who gave more than was expected or required and who gave it little thought of worldly reward."

- President Ronald Reagan January 31, 1986

Report of the PRESIDENTIAL COMMISSION on the Space Shuttle Challenger Accident ... genindex.htm

I remember them ...
... and I give thanks to all those that put their lives on the line ... to go, to see, to explore, and to take us along with them so we can somehow be a part of it all ...

Challenger-51L-crew.jpg

January 28 1986 11:38am EST ... Mission STS-51L ... the loss of the Challenger crew

Francis "Dick" Scobee - Ron McNair - Mike Smith - Ellison Onizuka - Judy Resnik - Greg Jarvis and school teacher Christa McAuliffe, died when the Space Shuttle Challenger exploded 73 seconds after liftoff

"The future is not free: the story of all human progress is one of a struggle against all odds. We learned again that this America, which Abraham Lincoln called the last, best hope of man on Earth, was built on heroism and noble sacrifice. It was built by men and women like our seven star voyagers, who answered a call beyond duty, who gave more than was expected or required and who gave it little thought of worldly reward."
- President Ronald Reagan January 31, 1986 -

..we push, we go, we expand the horizon .. we do not shrink back from taking educated and calculated risks ... it's what we do
... to do any less would be to dishonor those that gave so much doing just that.

I remember them ... :salute:
... and I give thanks to all those that put their lives on the line ... to go, to see, to explore, and to take us along with them so we can somehow be a part of it all ...

Report of the PRESIDENTIAL COMMISSION on the Space Shuttle Challenger Accident

January 28 1986 11:38am EST ... Mission STS-51L ... the loss of the Challenger crew

8ec527e310.jpg

Francis "Dick" Scobee - Ron McNair - Mike Smith - Ellison Onizuka - Judy Resnik - Greg Jarvis and school teacher Christa McAuliffe ... RIP

:salute: ... I remember them ...
and give thanks to all those that put their lives on the line ... to go, to see, to explore, and to take us along with them so we can somehow be a part of it all

Report of the PRESIDENTIAL COMMISSION on the Space Shuttle Challenger Accident ... genindex.htm

My high school physics teacher was a finalist with Christa McAuliffe during the selection process. Alas, she was chosen and the rest is history.

Gave the ultimate to make way for others! Respect!

Back
Top Bottom