January Water Temps in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, we know we know we sound silly when we complain about 70 degree water.
Enjoy the winter. We will.
Funny!

I'm not saying 70 degree water isn't cold, it just isn't freakin' cold! :)

Funny!

I'm not saying 70 degree water isn't cold, it just isn't freakin' cold! :)

Ok-

Water between 70-75 degrees is just freakin' cold.

Water between between 66-70 is freakin' brutal cold...especially doing a long aquarium dive looking at pretty fish and doing skills.

Anything less than 66 degrees better involve at least a 25 lbs. carbo or a ton of bugs, and warm sun when I surface or I aint goin'.

:D

I envy you guys.....for us, a good summer water temp is 5-6C (40-42F) while the air temp is close to 30-35C (85-90F).

Why do you think you see so many Canucks mid January/February diving in shorties off the costs of Florida :)

I envy you guys.....for us, a good summer water temp is 5-6C (40-42F) while the air temp is close to 30-35C (85-90F).

Why do you think you see so many Canucks mid January/February diving in shorties off the costs of Florida :)

Winter is inevitable...... but living in it is optional.

Low to mid 70's can be very chilly after a couple of dives...3mil, 60's can become chilly in 7mil, January....well, cut a hole in 15 inches of ice, throw on the drysuit and enjoy!! If I lived in FL, I would think I was nuts too!!!

Just got back from key largo. water was low 70's air temp was 78-82 degrees. i am ALWAYS COLD!! I dove a 5 mil and was fine(no hood) i was a little chilly towards the end of the dive but nothing terrible

Just got back from key largo. water was low 70's air temp was 78-82 degrees. i am ALWAYS COLD!! I dove a 5 mil and was fine(no hood) i was a little chilly towards the end of the dive but nothing terrible

Hi Trish, it's great to see you back on the board, and glad you had a good trip to "The Sunshine State." Congratulations on your new certification!!! Now use it often! :D

Hi Trish, it's great to see you back on the board, and glad you had a good trip to "The Sunshine State." Congratulations on your new certification!!! Now use it often! :D
thank you thank you and i intend to use it often:wink:

I'm heading to Key Largo this week, and can't wait...70 degrees...Beautiful! Did 2 dives yesterday, one in the am and one in the pm, water temp was 33 degrees fahrenheit, and the surface air was much colder. I love living in Canada, I love the winter, but there is nothing like diving in "warm" water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom