JC Morrison Line VANDALIZED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divebutt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey all,

Earlier this year, a number of us ran a new orange line at the JC Morssion in Barrie, ON. Going from the normal shore entrance, to the platform then straight out to the wreck. About 100' out from the platform, there's a tie-in that heads south to the old boat launch, which is a nicer entry point for people with heavy gear.

Haven't dove it for a few weeks until today. The line was VANDALIZED. At the T, the line going to the old launch was cut. I assumed a break, but took the 10' or so of remaining line out, tied in and did a search - never found the other end.

As well, a section towards the bow of the wreck was cut, but easily fixed.

This line is not the property of anyone except those who laid it and what was done here is VANDALISM! Unfortunately, whenever you try to do a good thing, there are those who feel it's not.

If you have any information as to who did this, please PM me.

Thanks!

I do not not think another diver would have done this, it was more likley that a boat anchor was caught on it and the boat owner hauled up the anchor with the line and then cut it. Theres a lot of fishermen always around the Morrison. i agree its a shame,but theres not much we can do about it.

Old boat launch...interesting

We went in the hard way down the rocks. And back up, a whole lot of work as I took up 3 sets of steel tanks for the family.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom