JuLionfish Derby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubseaSports

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I looked around this site and this is prolly the best spot to post...correct me if I am wrong please

If you are in the SC area, there is a Lionfish Derby ongoing this month run by the South Carolina Aquarium. I will not be able to attend but did find the citizen scientist aspect of it interesting (there's an app).

More info here

Edit:
If you are participating in this cull happy hunting!

No guise intended guy. I didn't see where anyone is posting about derbies. I am a member of the SCA CS btw.

If it looks that way, and it appears it does to some, I will edit my post.

No worries, over years I've become cynical. Thanks for posting the derby info. Never enough can be done to reduce the effect those invasive little buggers do.

Reactions: Ana
Good news!
Would love to see more involvement from the recreational sector in removing these guys. Of course that would involve charters and private boats not hitting the same spots day in and out.
I've had 70 fish commercial dives and it was hard not to get at least a dozen per dive on most dives in recreational depths.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom