July 4 Sunset Cruise with Cozumel Sailing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update: I'm confident that there will be a trip on July 4th. It is just whether it will be just us or a public trip. Need a minimum of 12 people to make an open public trip. We need only 3 more to make that number. Our 7 plus she has a couple looking for a trip that week. For a private trip we'll need to 20 people with a max of 25. There may be a small price break for that number.

Roxanne, I did ask about pick up at the Hotel Cozumel, and Karen didn't think it was possible due to the depth. She will check with Captain Dan about that. They also like the marina better due to it being protected waters for boarding.

Since we are diving the next day, a couple more questions. So we will need transportation to and back. Do they provide that?
What time does the cruise leave?
How long does it last?
Are there any other costs? Transportation, tips, etc.?
Thanks!

Since we are diving the next day, a couple more questions. So we will need transportation to and back. Do they provide that?
How long does it last?
Thanks!
They do not provide transportation to the marina so we would have to use a taxi to get there. I will try to get an approximate cost for Taxi service from the hotel to the marina.

Tipping this is from the FAQ part of the website:

---------- Post added ----------

How long does it last?
Thanks!
No transportation is provided. We would need to get to the marina and back on our own. I do not know the cost of a taxi from the hotel to their marina, but will try to get a ball park figure. The trip lasts about 2 1/2 to 3 hours and leaves the marina around 5 PM.

I've copy and pasted the following from the FAQ section of the website about tipping.

Should I tip the crew?
We do not ask for a tip, we feel our service will speak for itself and any
tip will be greatly appreciated. We do place a tip cup out at the end of the
trip so you have a place to put it. All tips are pooled and divided among
the crew.
How much should I tip?
This is totally up to you and how much you enjoyed the trip and the crew.
Everyone has a different policy on tipping and anything will be graciously
accepted. FYI, some people think because the area is poorer, that the cost of
living is less. This is not the case as almost everything is more expensive
here, and the income level is much less on average, so tip as if you were on a
tour in the States.

That now makes 12 people in our party. That is the minimum need to guarantee a public trip. If we have more then it might be a private trip.

Updated list:

BLUE = Invason Crew
Red = Non Invasion Scubaboard member

1. diverg
2. Pansiren
3. Pelagicsal
4. James R. & Janet
5. TomZ and RebecccZ
6. ramasule +1
7. sawyersdad +3

---------- Post added ----------

OK so we have hit our minimun numbers to make a public trip a go. I will check with Cozumel Sailing about deposits etc. My preference is that everyone pay their own deposit to hold down the trip.

Last edited:
I forgot my Mom will be there at the Hotel just not with our group.. Put her down as well please. So four from my group total.

I forgot my Mom will be there at the Hotel just not with our group.. Put her down as well please. So four from my group total.
Good thing you remembered your mom. She may have not been too happy with you. Isn't someone else traveling with your mom?

Back
Top Bottom