K-10 hydrospeeder - very rare!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom,

Pardon me for not being "board literate" on how to place pics. It appears your point in pointing out "dumb" is to point out that you're not? Chill, and try helping before condemning.

a real shame for a comment like that to someone with only 6 posts .... i agree... although it is annoying when people dont post pics, it doesnt take more than 2 heartbeats to notice the thread starter is new to the board.

ugh

For those who may wonder what the designer of the K-10 has been doing in the last 10 years since Marine Gear closed down. He's quite a character.

Ted Ciamillo - National Geographic Adventure Magazine

pretty cool article
i happen to be off holbox last year and can tell you that if he was able to keep up with a whale shark for 15 minutes that impressive speed, never mind 3 hours. that sounds perplexing. this "tail" will be quite the piece of equipment should it be as reasonably priced as he claims..... thanks for the cool read

If only it had 4 wheels, drive it across the sand into the water, finish the dive and drive out. It looks a little heavy for carrying.

Too cool

prompted a thought ... Gray wetsuit, Voit fins, Round mask, Double hose regulator , and that K-10 .... Mike Nelson

Actually there is a strap-on pair of inflatable kayak wheels that go with it. You can't ride it down hills, but easily pushes around like a wheel barrow. Can always add another pair.

eddie there is very literally one on ebay right now ... but take note that the thread you posted on is 10 months cold ... so doubtful they will reply ...
also, the guy on ebay listed it about 2 months ago for $5500 and has relisted it about 7 times and it is now down to about $3600 but looks clean ... way out of my pricerange but cool all the same

Back
Top Bottom