Kentucky Derby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stephen Ash:
Um...

... Hats. Mint Julips. Chicks.

I had an extra ticket until a week ago, but since you never come home!!!

Oh and Mint juleps suck! :l: We save those for the out of towners!!

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Oh and Mint juleps suck! :l: We save those for the out of towners!!

They need to taste like a Grasshopper, now THERE'S a smooth minty alcoholic beverage especially when it's made with ice cream :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Ahhh... Yanno... all my years of working with race horses, and I've never been to the Derby... tsk tsk tsk...

Have a great time!! :):)

Don't know if they still do it, but a paddle wheel river boat ride is one of my fond memories...as a kid when they had river boat race preceding derby, used to ride my bike along with them on the "hoosier" side.

If you do, after boarding, find some old codger, buy him a drink, and get a history lesson of what your seeing has you're floating by...make sure it's Kentucky whiskey!

Hoa!

Humble older aquaman:
Don't know if they still do it, but a paddle wheel river boat ride is one of my fond memories...as a kid when they had river boat race preceding derby, used to ride my bike along with them on the "hoosier" side.

If you do, after boarding, find some old codger, buy him a drink, and get a history lesson of what your seeing has you're floating by...make sure it's Kentucky whiskey!

Hoa!

The great steamboat race is always held on the Wed before Derby, It is always between the Belle of Louisville and the Delta Queen from Cincy. The Belle won on Wed.

SCUBAJENNIFER:
The great steamboat race is always held on the Wed before Derby, It is always between the Belle of Louisville and the Delta Queen from Cincy. The Belle won on Wed.

Only because the Delta Queen cheated!:D Belle is now up 22-18.

I missed the race but, the local news reported the Queen made their turn too soon
which resulted in disqualification.

Isn't today the Kentucky Oaks, for three-year-old fillies?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom