Know About St.Lucia, Anse Chastanet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tweetie831

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I am new to the forum so I hope I am doing this right. I have a trip booked Dec 4-11 to St. Lucia, Anse Chastanet Resort. I heard recently that the resort had no air conditioning and there were no trade winds blowing due to the large amount of vegitation. I am posting this because I wanted to see if anyone has been there and how they felt about the resort and the diving.

Thanks Alot
Allie

tweetie831:
Hey Everyone,

I am new to the forum so I hope I am doing this right. I have a trip booked Dec 4-11 to St. Lucia, Anse Chastanet Resort. I heard recently that the resort had no air conditioning and there were no trade winds blowing due to the large amount of vegitation. I am posting this because I wanted to see if anyone has been there and how they felt about the resort and the diving.

Thanks Alot
Allie
Before this thread gets moved to the Caribbean forum by a moderator, check out this thread:

http://www.scubaboard.com/t76665-st-lucia.html

Steve

tweetie831:
Hey Everyone,

Thanks Alot
Allie

Welcome to Scubaboard!

tweetie831:
Hey Everyone,
I have a trip booked Dec 4-11 to St. Lucia, Anse Chastanet Resort. I heard recently that the resort had no air conditioning and there were no trade winds blowing due to the large amount of vegitation. I am posting this because I wanted to see if anyone has been there and how they felt about the resort and the diving.

Thanks Alot
Allie

Hi Allie,

What you've heard certainly applies to the beachside bungalows. Those scattered higher up on the hillside may well be cooler. Below is a post I made last week:

Stayed at Anse Chastanet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey ScubaLarry

Stayed in a beachside bungalow. Very convenient for diving and a pretty spectacular room as far as these things go, with loads of space, beautiful furnishings, very elegant dark wood louvered walls and a huge, covered porch area. It was, however, very very hot and sticky (and I *live* in hot and sticky in Florida and have dived most of the islands) and the mosquito netting was necessary. Just a couple of other caviats--the property itself is very isolated, carved into a depression in the mountain. It's a great setting, but you can't see beyond the mountainsides that surround the narrow valley it's situated in (hence the aerial views in their ads). The property's only accessible (at the time I was there two summers ago) by a deeply rutted and jarring 10 minute dirt track trip from the main road. Also, there's a heavy couples-oriented, honeymoon vibe at the resort which proved sort of humorous for my brother's and my stay there. All that said, it really is a wonderful property and the open air restaurant's food and views are terrific as well. There's also some pretty cool mountain biking to be done on another part of the property.

Agree with Tim on the dive quality. The checkout dive right on shore also serves as an excellent snorkeling opportunity for non divers. Other dives, almost all close to home, were definitely above average. The southern half of the island is beautiful to look at and easy to explore by rented vehicle. The little towns along the west coast are fun to explore as well.

If you don't want to stay at Anse Chastanet, but still use their op, there's a really unique place situated high up, exactly between the two "Pitons" , the twin peaks that are landmarks in St. Lucia, called Ladera. http://www.ladera.com/ It's got rooms literally carved out of the rocks in the side of the mountain, with views looking down the space between the Pitons to the sea. Anse Chastanet provides for transportation to their op. This is closer to the town and right off the main road so it's not as isolated as Anse Chastanet proper.

Happy Diving,

Regards,

peterjmaerz:
Hi Allie,

What you've heard certainly applies to the beachside bungalows. Those scattered higher up on the hillside may well be cooler. Below is a post I made last week:

Stayed at Anse Chastanet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey ScubaLarry

Stayed in a beachside bungalow. Very convenient for diving and a pretty spectacular room as far as these things go, with loads of space, beautiful furnishings, very elegant dark wood louvered walls and a huge, covered porch area. It was, however, very very hot and sticky (and I *live* in hot and sticky in Florida and have dived most of the islands) and the mosquito netting was necessary. Just a couple of other caviats--the property itself is very isolated, carved into a depression in the mountain. It's a great setting, but you can't see beyond the mountainsides that surround the narrow valley it's situated in (hence the aerial views in their ads). The property's only accessible (at the time I was there two summers ago) by a deeply rutted and jarring 10 minute dirt track trip from the main road. Also, there's a heavy couples-oriented, honeymoon vibe at the resort which proved sort of humorous for my brother's and my stay there. All that said, it really is a wonderful property and the open air restaurant's food and views are terrific as well. There's also some pretty cool mountain biking to be done on another part of the property.

Agree with Tim on the dive quality. The checkout dive right on shore also serves as an excellent snorkeling opportunity for non divers. Other dives, almost all close to home, were definitely above average. The southern half of the island is beautiful to look at and easy to explore by rented vehicle. The little towns along the west coast are fun to explore as well.

If you don't want to stay at Anse Chastanet, but still use their op, there's a really unique place situated high up, exactly between the two "Pitons" , the twin peaks that are landmarks in St. Lucia, called Ladera. http://www.ladera.com/ It's got rooms literally carved out of the rocks in the side of the mountain, with views looking down the space between the Pitons to the sea. Anse Chastanet provides for transportation to their op. This is closer to the town and right off the main road so it's not as isolated as Anse Chastanet proper.

Happy Diving,

Regards,

Thank you for the information. I unfortunatley do not have a specific room until I arrive but I will be sure to request one higher on the hill.

Allison

There is no aircon, that is true. Which can be a problem for some people. The breezes aren't always that cooling. Diving is excellent and the on-site centre is very good, too. If air con is an issue, you could stay at one of the other 5 star hotels nearby and just dive with Scuba Anse Chastanet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom